Hello world. Here I am. I am sure you have been introduced to many a new bloggers in the dawn of the new year. January 1st must be the most popular day for the emergence of bloggers all hoping to check off their list of New Year's resolutions. I admit that I fall into this category as well, but my best friend, Procrastination, convinced me it would be best to beat the rush and wait it out by starting a week and a half later. Since she is my best friend and all, I have to listen to her.
In addition to Procrastination, you should also meet Indecisiveness. I knew that I wanted to start a blog, but the topic of said blog was not as readily available as my desire to create it. I finally sat at my computer after countless excuses as to why I could not start. First, the spacebar on my computer broke. Ifiguredtypingeverysentencelikethiscouldbeslightlyinconvient. So I took my computer to the apple store and got that fixed in two minutes. However, it took another two says to sit down again.
There I was logged on to blogger, staring at the box "bog title." Believe it or not, I never had even thought to create a title. So naturally I texted my friends for advice, but not Procrastination and Indecisiveness because they had already been no help at all. I asked nonpersonificationed friends for help with a name and they asked me "Well what is the blog about?" Stupid me, I had not even decided that either. So I sat and sat and thought and thought. Nothing came to mind. Maybe I could talk about my daily escapades? No. I already have a diary. Maybe I could give my opinion on current events? No. I already write my my schools news section of the newspaper. Maybe I could do tech reviews? No. I don't know as much as I think I do just from watching youtube videos. Maybe I could talk about knitting, or my other hobbies. No. I don't want to bore people to death. I decided not to decide, but rather to sleep on it...a couple nights.
After rejecting thought after thought, I came up with an idea that could sort of encompass my various ideas. It is pretty much a cheat. A way that I could write a lot, just about anything. I am sure you have heard the cliché "a picture is worth a thousand words." Well, I am simply going to take a picture and write my own thousand words on it. Perhaps it is not that original, an elaborate version of Tumblr I suppose. Originality is not that important for now. This is my blog, with my own thousand words on my own photos. That is enough uniquity for me.
I do not expect every person who reads my blog to even read all 1000 words. That is actually quite a few words. Maybe I am taking on to drastic a task, but this idea is what moved me. I feel as though I might as well write about knitting, if I don't expect people to commit to reading all of what I have to say. Oh well. I feel compelled to do this because I got a new camera for Christmas, a Nikon d3100. She is a talented beauty, and talented beauties must be shown off. This gives me an opportunity to peruse amateur photography and writing, simultaneously.Being the Queen of bargain hunting, this two for one deal is too good to resist.
I guess I should set up some rules for myself, or expectations for the readers:
1.Entries must be 1000 words long.
2. All photo must be taken by moi.
3. I cannot pressure myself into blogging everyday, but rather when I feel moved to do so.
Laziness is tapping my on my shoulder telling me those are enough rules, and boredom is whispering in my ear that's enough introduction.
Today's picture is of some scrabble pieces spelling my name, worth a whopping 9 points. That is actually relevant, because odd multiples of 3 not including 12 or multiples of 5 are my lucky numbers. Yeah, that is probably a strange way to declare lucky numbers, but those numbers have been pretty lucky for me. Especially since my birthday is September(09) 3rd.
In all un-enticing honesty, I was bored today. I often play the mobile version of Scrabble or words with friends when I am bored. If I am not doing that, then I am taking random pictures of objects around my house. Don't believe me?(Because why would you ever believe such incredible secrets?) You can ask my Facebook albums, which I update when I am bored. Oh, and I knit.
I do not expect every person who reads my blog to even read all 1000 words. That is actually quite a few words. Maybe I am taking on to drastic a task, but this idea is what moved me. I feel as though I might as well write about knitting, if I don't expect people to commit to reading all of what I have to say. Oh well. I feel compelled to do this because I got a new camera for Christmas, a Nikon d3100. She is a talented beauty, and talented beauties must be shown off. This gives me an opportunity to peruse amateur photography and writing, simultaneously.Being the Queen of bargain hunting, this two for one deal is too good to resist.
I guess I should set up some rules for myself, or expectations for the readers:
1.Entries must be 1000 words long.
2. All photo must be taken by moi.
3. I cannot pressure myself into blogging everyday, but rather when I feel moved to do so.
Laziness is tapping my on my shoulder telling me those are enough rules, and boredom is whispering in my ear that's enough introduction.
Today's picture is of some scrabble pieces spelling my name, worth a whopping 9 points. That is actually relevant, because odd multiples of 3 not including 12 or multiples of 5 are my lucky numbers. Yeah, that is probably a strange way to declare lucky numbers, but those numbers have been pretty lucky for me. Especially since my birthday is September(09) 3rd.
In all un-enticing honesty, I was bored today. I often play the mobile version of Scrabble or words with friends when I am bored. If I am not doing that, then I am taking random pictures of objects around my house. Don't believe me?(Because why would you ever believe such incredible secrets?) You can ask my Facebook albums, which I update when I am bored. Oh, and I knit.
In reality, this picture has no actually meaning behind it. Although, "Karen" is dutch for pure. I would disclose my last name, but I am not sure how safe that is. But I will give you a hint. It is English for a very large pile of dirt, larger than a mound, smaller than a mountain. Can you solve that riddle? I figure it is such a common name, that it does not really matter if I disclose my name. If you try to google me all that pops up is a tribe in Thailand. If you solve that riddle, you will be able to figure out what I am talking about. I am not crazy, despite the opinions' of my ex-boyfriend and his friends. That is a completely different story for another time.
On that note, I bring this entry to a close. Yes, you can now praise goodness. I feel that I have adequately explained my goal and informed my readers what to expect. The paradoxes "simple complexities" and "systematic randomness" best describe not only my personality, but also what will be published under My1000words. I plan on this blog exemplifying and paralleling my unpredictable roller-coaster called, Life.
On that note, I bring this entry to a close. Yes, you can now praise goodness. I feel that I have adequately explained my goal and informed my readers what to expect. The paradoxes "simple complexities" and "systematic randomness" best describe not only my personality, but also what will be published under My1000words. I plan on this blog exemplifying and paralleling my unpredictable roller-coaster called, Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment