I will start off by saying that I never intended upon creating a "fashion blog," and trust me when I say that is not where I am going with this. I am just sharing my thoughts (wherever they might take me) on some new shoes of mine. This review of sorts goes beyond the basic, "these shoes rule, these shoes suck."Had one looked in my closet a year ago, one would have found beat up sneakers, plain black pumps, rainbow flip flops,ballet flats, and clear stripper heels(just for fun). All Classic shoes. Basic classic shoes. Even the six inch stilettos are a staple for any girl twirling around the pole. After coming to New York City, I discovered the need for a little more edge, height, and glam to compensate for the unpedicured nature of my feet. The open toe forces minimal maintenance with a quick coat of OPI. However, the shade of my toes is not the issue at hand...or foot...but rather the issue is how can I boost my edge factor.
Shoes are a rather important part of life, but I never gave them the credit they deserved. I once laughed in the face Imelda Marco's museum collection of shoes, as well as Kelly's hit youtube song Shoes, from back in '07. Lately I feel that my lackluster shoes selection was becoming more of the laughing stock. How do I cure that? I put a little pinch of Jeffrey Campbell and glitter in my life. These Jeffrey Campbells are so pretty and are total attention grabbers. Living in the city I have learned the look of my shoes is more important than my face, becauseI always find my self looking down in order to avoid awkward eye contact. These gleaming platforms give me something to watch apart from grossly dingy road, and hopefully will catch someone else's eye.
I don't like to think of myself as a bore, but I find that I can dress like one at times. Bold colors and risky cutouts are my go to escape from my my friend Boredom. However, trying to compete with everyone on the streets of New York is setting myself up for failure, especially since trying can get me but so far. Keeping up with elaborate fashion trends is exhausting and expensive. These shoes are my new escape from boredom. I can only pull off the neon clothes and crazy cutout dresses in the more appropriate setting of nightlife. Now midday I can freely pop on these pumps to pump not just my height but also my outfit and consequently my confidence.
I am realizing shoes have serious power. That is how Loubitin gets away with charging up to $10,000 for a pair of those red soled beauties. Shoes are more than just fabric wrapped around my feet to protect them from the rough roads beneath me, but they are also fabric wrapped around my feet to protect the little sense of style I have. Shoes, just like the rest of my wardrobe, serve as an external display of the me, inside. I have to stop denying the inner exhibitionists. I shall be taking a few steps forwards in the direction of liberation with my adorned in gold as I move forwards.
Moving forward I wonder how people will notice me first: seeing any light is inevitably blindingly reflected off the specks of gold and black spikes; or hearing me stomping, stumbling, and falling ? I have yet to discuss the practicality of these shoes. Are they comfortable? Sort of. Will I break my neck? Quite possibly. At least when the ambulance rushes me out covered with the black blanket, my gold slippers will poke from the edge, just like the witch in the Wizard of Oz under the house. The Wizard of Oz is another perfect example of the power of some seriously glitzed and glammed shoes. Those coveted ruby slippers could tell the more stories than the author L. Frank Baum.
This picture of my shoes is only showing day one. I cannot wait for the story that they will tell. If I ever have a really good day in these shoes I promise I will come right back with a new picture and they will do all the talking.
If it is not obvious, I have greatly digressed and run out of things to say. In case you are interested in purchasing a pair of these statement platforms, I figured I would finish off with a
This picture of my shoes is only showing day one. I cannot wait for the story that they will tell. If I ever have a really good day in these shoes I promise I will come right back with a new picture and they will do all the talking.
If it is not obvious, I have greatly digressed and run out of things to say. In case you are interested in purchasing a pair of these statement platforms, I figured I would finish off with a
Quick Review:
They are 5inch chunky heels. The glitter material is fairly stiff, and a tad uncomfortable
initially, but will definitely break in. There is a slight learning curve with the learning how to walk in these shoes. As mentioned before I have mastered the 6inch stiletto, but these have such a large platform is is like walking on bricks with the weight of a cloud. They are very clunky, yet lightweight. Each step I take, I expect to be a heavy leg curl because that is what I am used to with shoes this size and height. The relative ease is deceptively tricky to master.
Sam Edelmen Lorissa
The other featured shoes are the black suede peep-toe Lorissa pumps. These shoes also have some serious edge as well as height. They are about 4.5" and are not terribly comfortable, but having ones foot inverted at a 180 degree angle cannot expect to be comfortable. They are a sight for sore eyes, and sole for soon to be sore feet. The unique flare of the shoe will mask the pain.
Disclaimer: These shoes are my own personal taste and not for everybody. I know my mom is anything but a supportive fan. But, when I put these shoes on I feel like a confident skyscraper, towering over naysayers. That confidence is all that matters, because than you are free to be and express yourself :) Bottom Line: Are they worth it? YES.
Sam Edelmen Lorissa
The other featured shoes are the black suede peep-toe Lorissa pumps. These shoes also have some serious edge as well as height. They are about 4.5" and are not terribly comfortable, but having ones foot inverted at a 180 degree angle cannot expect to be comfortable. They are a sight for sore eyes, and sole for soon to be sore feet. The unique flare of the shoe will mask the pain.
Disclaimer: These shoes are my own personal taste and not for everybody. I know my mom is anything but a supportive fan. But, when I put these shoes on I feel like a confident skyscraper, towering over naysayers. That confidence is all that matters, because than you are free to be and express yourself :) Bottom Line: Are they worth it? YES.
No comments:
Post a Comment